Tourists from all over the world flock to Liverpool to see where The Beatles grew up and became famous. However, there is more to Liverpool than rock and roll. The tumultuous history of Liverpool is filled with stories of sieges and bloody conflicts. Liverpool was the site of several important battles during the English Civil War.
When it comes to cultural influence, Liverpool is one of the most important cities in the UK. Everyone knows about Liverpool’s world-famous music scene, but in recent years, television and movie production companies have moved into Liverpool and set up shop. Except for London, Liverpool is the most popular city among filmmakers who shoot in the UK. The Everyman Theatre has produced some of Britain’s most loved actors.
If you own Liverpool property, there’s never been a better time to sell. Contact Spring today to find out about how to get a cash offer in as little as 7 days.
Why a Flood of New Residents Are Pouring In
London is getting too pricey and its property market is bloated. Recent skyrocketing property prices in London have sent many of its residents looking for cheaper options. Creative Londoners who want to pursue their dreams are now deciding to give Liverpool a shot. Also, many Londoners are just sick and tired of living in London’s crowded spaces. In laid-back Liverpool, relocated Londoners are finding it easier to breathe.
Another factor is the European Union. A decade ago, London was the place to be for immigrants seeking to live a more comfortable lifestyle. Today, however, immigrants are settling down in other cities when they come to the UK.
Attractive Things About the City
Here are just a few reasons why the Liverpool property market is booming.
- Beautiful architecture. The compelling allure of Liverpool’s many cathedrals and its world-famous skyline make it the perfect city for aesthetically-minded daydreamers. Liverpudlians enjoy looking at appealing buildings every day on the way to work.
- Parks are everywhere. Life in other cities can be grey and dreary, but not in Liverpool. If you walk 15 minutes in a single direction, you are more than likely to hit a park.
- Many professionals come to Liverpool to work for one of the Liverpool Knowledge Quarter’s many institutions. Liverpool boasts John Moores University, an institute for the performing arts, a life sciences technical college, a school of medicine and a women’s hospital.
- There are lots to explore. Except for London, Liverpool is the UK’s most important city in terms of culture. There is an impressive array of things to do and see almost every day, plus a wealth of nightclubs and restaurants to explore after the sun goes down.
- Waterfront lifestyle. Waterfront properties in Liverpool are highly competitive, but even residents living away from the water are always only a short trip away from the ocean.
The Beatles. Even today, die-hard fans sometimes pick up and move to Liverpool just to live in the thick of Beatles mythology.